Thursday 31 March 2011

Little John at home

Here are a handful of shots from my most recent portrait shoot. It is of a delightful little boy called John. These pictures give a precious insight into his life as it is now and serve as a poignant reminder in the future.

If I ever question why I shoot in people's homes, which I won't, these pictures prove the point that people are totally at ease in their environment, the background is always appropriate and the shots are inevitably unique.

My customers don't have the hassle with packing their cars with changes of clothing, food for a week AND the kids! And as for babies? They fall asleep in the car and are almost impossible to wake when they arrive at the studio - and then they are grumpy, need changing, etc, etc. These are shoots at their convenience. Besides, I could not have achieved these images in a studio.







1 comment: